The Burundi Best Education Montessori Private School is a Montessori private school based on Global Education Advisory Consortium Education (GEAC) Model schools. In alignment with the GEAC, the School will work to restore education to its original purpose to provide a natural and joyful means of educating students, and helping them realize their true potential.
Students will be able to study topics that create self-reliance and self-sustainability in themselves and their communities.
- Build dormitories for children. This will help in monitoring their education progress and providing accommodation to the neediest and vulnerable children.
- Provide housing for teachers to ensure efficiency in the student’s learning program and management of the student’s dormitories/shelter.
- Provide community houses for parents who would love to be part of the school and support the school mission and objectives.
- Build an onsite health facility to provide medical assistance to the children, parents and people in the community.
- Set up a teacher training school for the teachers who will be teaching in our schools in Burundi.
- Set up sports facilities to keep our learners active and physically fit.
- Establish agriculture farms which will be used to grow food to serve the school, community as well as be used for education purposes.
- Incorporate blended learning for learners in remote, inaccessible areas which will be both physical and online.
- Build a hands on facility where learners learn practical skills which can be used to create employment and earn certification for the skills learned at the end of the training.
There will be three key development phases for the Exploratorium school.
- The implementation plan will start with training Teachers on Montessori techniques for 90 days, and then having the Teachers set-up their classrooms in Burundi so they can begin teaching within another 30 days. Once the doors are open and students begin arriving, the school will be operationalized to run all –year. The school will open with a small number of students and teachers in the first five regions of Country but the project will continue until each Commune of our Country will have its own school. The school will start with elementary and primary school.
- In the second phase, once funds for construction are approved, plans will begin to build a campus, Athletic field and community with family housing that is architected with an “Ecocity” and African cultural design and energy flow. The school will become an accredited Montessori school and will be able to connect with thousands of Montessori schools, teachers, and communities around the world. When the campus is built, the plan is to serve many students in the different areas of our Country plus Teachers and staff.
- Implementing blended learning for Remote Villages. The blended learning program will also initially support a big number of Student and Teachers who will be used as a test pilot for delivery of school supplies and over time the number will continue to increase, the use of WIFI in remote areas, and the effectiveness of blended learning programs supported by Teachers in Burundi. We plan to establish micro schools across the Country with support from the main campus-The Burundi Best Education Montessori Private School.