Malawi’s Montessori Model School
Project proposal with budget is completed and submitted for Malawi’s Montessori Model School as part of a new community made up of parents, families and others who support the idea of the community and school
Rehabilitation Center for Children
Malawi also has a ‘Rehabilitation Center for Children’ project proposal that is completed and submitted, which will work with the communities, government (social welfare dept.), church leaders and other stakeholders to improve the lives of street kids by getting children off the streets and reintegrating them with their families or providing to them with accommodation which may become their home.
This project will construct 4 havens for children who will rescued from the streets. When these children have been successfully helped through change in their environment and therapy/counseling, there will be the need to provide full education. The type of education provided will depend on the age of the child and the level of understanding.
The project will have the following main areas of activities:
- Construction accommodation structures/campus
- Mobilization and community awareness
- Identification of street kids
- Provision of accommodation and education
- Family outreach to vulnerable groups
- Regular counseling to reduce the emotional stress of the parents and children
- Physical Activity & Motion Development Facility for Children with Disability
- Administration/ Operational activities.
- 1-5 Years: Early childhood program
- 5-15 Years: Primary School
- 11-22 Years: Secondary school
Any age above 22 years of age can receive career and technical training.
The ultimate aim of the Rehabilitation Center Project, is to provide the individual with opportunities for advancement with effective participation and inclusion in society including education and life skills.