Creating a Passion Project – Webinar
We had a successful first GEAC Learner’s Success Conference for Micro-schools & Beyond on 25th and 26th March 2023.
- The Conference featured 35 presentations from 14 countries around the globe, sharing their knowledge of how to open a micro-school.
- We are extremely graceful that we had so many attendees. One of our first goals is to help with you with new educational techniques. This is for everybody in different continents, classrooms and cultures.
- The first step you have already seen in the conference, is the passion project. We have chosen this particular project because it is extremely successful in every culture and every age group. fun and rewarding for everyone!
What exactly is a Passion Project?
Learners love to talk about themselves, what they like, and what they are excited about. That is what the passion project is about. They can follow their dreams, create a piece about their passion, pursue a certain career or they can do research about their favorite animal or they can just write a cultural piece, being thankful for their culture or their family.
Everybody is different, so the topics will vary by cultures, by age groups, by continents and we are extremely excited to show you step by step what do you need to do to introduce this new way of teaching projects to your students or to your children.
Please know, that the way we are teaching, can be done with your child, with your grandchild, you can do it in your classroom. You can even do it in the community, as a weekend get together, passing time with the children.
- Take a few weeks to develop it, because the children need time to think and dream about what their passion is and they have to research. They can write down what they think is important for them and then later on, they are going to create a presentation.
- Hopefully the presentations can be generally five pages long, keeping it very simple with a drawing and with just a sentence or two on every page. It’s going to be a presentation reflecting their passion, and at the same time is written in a very similar way to how they will later present projects to their classmates, how they will present projects later on, in high school, in college, in their jobs in various fields and in conferences.
- It doesn’t matter if they do it perfectly the first time or not, it mainly matters that they are talking about what they like.